Saturday, January 16, 2010

Trading In...and UP!

The newest adventure in our life right now is looking into getting a new car for me. Typically this isn't too big of a deal for people right? Well I need a few extras in my car, the main one being a ramp conversation. Right now there isn't anything wrong with my car, however, it has all the EMC driving equipment in it, and it isn't getting used at all! Ben and I love the idea of him being able to get in the car without dodging around all the extra equipment. Right now we are thinking that we'd like to see what trade in on my car would be before it needs work. The driving equipment is very expensive and we found a dealer in Michigan that works with clients all around the U.S. The salesman we are working with says that he has at least 8 clients in the states that would be interested in my car. Great news right? Well he said that if we could take pictures of my car, especially of the driving equipment, that he could try to let me know by Monday what it might be worth for trade in. The reason this is such a good time is because if we can get good trade in on my car we can get a good down payment on my new car, which theoretically should cost less than the setup I have right now. We are hoping for a good trade in to get the balance on my new car down to something we can reasonably finance. And this is the exciting part...my new car (if this all works out) will NOT be a mini van!!! That's right we are moving away from the soccer mom ride. We are looking at a 2010 Honda Element. This car is the first SUV to be converted with a ramp. And the other bonus is that it would have 4-wheel drive! We are hoping that if this is what God wants for us right now that everything will go smoothly. The fact that there is a demand for the way my car is equipped is a good start...with high demand and fewer products available cost should be up right? Well that's the economics point of view anyways! So as I type this blog Ben is washing and detailing my car for pictures! (Thank you Lord for no rain today...it will make for much nicer pictures!) I will do my best to keep you all updated...we are trying not to get our hopes up, this is truly just a shot in the dark...and we are in no big rush.

1 comment:

  1. That really is quite exciting! Very cool! The Honda Elements are great cars!

    Can't wait to hear how the adventure is going.

    ReplyDelete