Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer Break...already?

Summer Break has arrived people! This has been a busy week but a great week for seeing God's hands at work! Dad had surgery on Monday...the day before school got out, so I took a personal day and one of Ben's sub jobs got canceled last minute so he was able to be home with the puppies, catch up on some house work, and be "on call" for when Napa called. That's right you probably don't know about Napa yet...well last you heard we were selling our van. In fact we even had a family calling their bank to see if they could get a loan to buy it!! Can you believe it? Well that next day...yes the VERY next day Ben and I were on our monthly Costco run and our lovely van broke down!! We got a tow from a super nice guy named Tony...within about 10 minutes he was able to discover a lot of information out about my van...keep in mind this van had all the EMC equipment for me to drive it. We were able to barrow back our white van from Jan and Randy (who had just gotten it two days prior to help with Nathan) and we finished our Costco run. Over three weeks later my van is completely back to normal! No more driving equipment! We decided that since everyone who was interested in buying the van was going to take out the equipment, that we would just take it out and keep it for now. Eventually I still hope to get a Honda Element and at that point we will keep my van for a backup...so that's the story. Ben was able to pick up the van from Napa on Monday while mom and I were at the hospital.
Surgery for dad went good. He is slowly healing but it is going to be a LONG road. For the next two months mom is literally dad's left hand. The surgeon expects the next two months to have him in a sling and then slowly start some physical therapy. Right now he can lift his left arm up using his right hand to maintain the flexibility...but that's it! This week dad has had some visitors and they have been blessed with meals and sweets galore! This has been such a treat for mom because it's a lot being the left hand of a man...especially one who is not used to sitting still for much longer than 5 minutes! He's getting better though...
As I looked over the schedule for the summer (that's right folks there's a schedule!) it was brought to my attention that we literally have two full weeks with nothing. No work, appointments, no Scentsy parties etc. TWO WEEKS! That's it! It made me a little nervous...in those two weeks I am going to make it my goal to get my Master's application completed and turned in! I went to an informational meeting and found out that I am going to be able to earn my ELL endorsement, Master's in Literacy, and my National Board's Certification! ALL at one time! I am very excited about this...pray that I stay excited and motivated all through the next two years! By the Spring of 2012 I will be done! Here is the plan loosely...Spring of 2011 my ELL endorsement will be completed, Winter of 2012 I will be finishing up my National Boards and taking my big test, and Spring of 2012 graduating with my Masters!
Ben has been invited to help out with the varsity football team at the Nooksack High School. He attended Spring turnout and LOVED it! Shocker! He is very excited to be a part of this team and coaching staff! Right now it is a volunteer position but we know to get a paid position you have to put in your time as a volunteer!
Since my last blog Ace has taken an inappropriate interest in Ruby...needless to say she has an appointment next week to get fixed...we are WAY too busy for puppies at this house! They are getting along a lot better these days, in fact they even drank out of the same water dish this week at the same time! This is a huge mile stone for them! I will do my best to post some new pictures of the little lady, she is growing fast...probably close to full grown now! We have Ben's 10 year reunion next weekend so I'm sure there will be at least one good picture to share!
Hope everyone is enjoying June (despite this weather). Enjoy Father's Day tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks SO much for putting up with the mucking around with the white van...........wouldn't you just know that 1 day after we got it back, nathan can now ride in our van?!?! Oh well, must've been a lesson for all of us in there somewhere!!! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have forgot to tell Ben about Nate being able to walk with a walker now...because when you dropped off the van after church he said "But what about Nathan...?" Hahaha...He is up to speed now!

    ReplyDelete